Here is info... on Vaccinations, Meds, Papers needed, etc.
Vaccines recommended, none are "Required".
- Hepatitis A or immune globulin (IG)
- Hepatitis B
- Japanese encephalitis*
- Drugs to Prevent Malaria (antimalarial drugs) atovaquone/proguanil, doxycycline, or mefloquine (primaquine in special circumstances and only after G6PD testing). Chloroquine is NOT effective in India
- The prescription medicines you take every day. Make sure you have enough to last during your trip. Keep them in their original prescription bottles and always in your carry-on
- Visa (keep photocopies of each in a separate place in your luggage)
- Must get Rupees in India… can’t get them ahead of time. Exchange rate right now is $1 to 40rps.